Hydronic Floor Heating is Comfortable, Quiet, and Efficient
If you’re tired of cold feet and colder rooms in the winter months, consider what adding hydronic floor heating to your home could achieve. Instead of relying on heating and blowing air into your home, hydronic systems heat the floor beneath your feet directly. Not only does this let you feel comfortable on “cold” floors such as concrete, but the heat also radiates into the entire room, gently warming the space. At Eckermann Heating and Cooling, we offer a direct path to tapping into this type of system.
Common Mistakes People Make Considering a Hydronic Floor Heating System
There are many misconceptions about hydronics out there, and some common errors may lead people away from this option. Watch out for mistakes such as:
- Believing that forced air is the only way to go when it comes to heating your home. While it’s easy to feel that central air is the best and only way to enjoy quick and comfortable heat, that’s not true. Indeed, hydronics boast several advantages over ducted systems.
- Thinking that hydronic underfloor heating won’t provide as satisfying a feeling or experience as another type of system. We like to say that it has to be experienced to be believed, and that’s no exaggeration. Because radiant systems heat the people and objects in the room directly, you’ll feel much more comfortable.
- Misunderstanding the potential range of applications for underfloor heating or feeling dissuaded by concerns about energy consumption. While electric underfloor systems can be pricier, hydronics are a value-filled package.
Have in-depth questions about why this system is worth your time? We’re always happy to have a discussion.
Tips for Getting More Value Out of Using Water for Underfloor Heating
Let’s say you do decide to pursue an underfloor system. How can you ensure that you make the most of your investment?
- Take the time to evaluate your options and explore the pros and cons. While a hydronic underfloor heating system may not be ideal for every home, many homeowners can enjoy the benefits they bring. Consider using a larger renovation project as the opportune time to overhaul your heating system, for example.
- Rely on an experienced team of installers to guide you through the design and installation process to ensure that your system not only works perfectly but that you can also tap into valuable support whenever necessary.
- Stay up to date on your maintenance. The good news is that these systems are inherently reliable; leaks are very rare, and a special corrosion inhibitor circulated with the water helps to prevent unwanted build-ups inside the hydronic system. However, annual maintenance and preventative care are both still necessary and will help to make the most of your investment.
Why Choose Eckermann Heating and Cooling?
As a premier provider of hydronics-related heating services in South Australia, Eckermann Heating and Cooling occupies a unique position. Our wealth of experience and broad product knowledge enable us to tailor solutions to meet individual client needs across many types of structures. With our dedication to leaving customers satisfied at the end of every job, we can work with you towards better heating today. Contact us online for further details.